Best Place to sell like new Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by clivo360, Jul 22, 2016.

1. clivo360 macrumors newbie

Hello,

Where is the best place to sell a lightly used, like new Macbook?

I purchased a 2016 Macbook about a month ago. I like it, but can't justify the price I paid for it. Therefore, I plan on selling it and buying a cheaper laptop. At least, until the new Macbook Pro models come out.

All the trade in sites offer a fraction of the cost I paid. Craigslist I haven't had any success, despite living in a sizable city (Denver). I'm leaning towards eBay as my best option, but dislike the large amount of fees. Any input/advice/recommendation welcome.

2. crapforks macrumors newbie

crapforks

There is a macrumors marketplace that opens up to you at 250 posts. So I've heard. But seriously, craigslist works for you if you are reasonable on the price and can arrange a public meet up where the buyer can test things out and run diagnostics. That is how I have purchased my last two macs. I had to bring a monitor, keyboard and mouse for the mini, but it worked and I was happy.

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

No matter where you sell it, prepare to take a big hit. My guess is $300 or more.

4. chscag macrumors 68020

chscag

Like was said above, Craig's List works well provided you take precautions especially for the payment. Also, I'm sure Denver like most large cities has a "Green Sheet" (local bulletin or flyer with for sale items) you can advertise in. And yes, you're probably going to take a hit on what you can get for it.

5. slayerizer macrumors 6502a

If you use Facebook, there are plenty of Facebook groups that focus solely on selling stuff. There is at least one group for each city. This way you can reach a wide audience in your area.