Best Place To Sell MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by StoneCold X, Nov 17, 2016.

1. StoneCold X macrumors regular

I don't have enough posts to be able to see the marketplace forum here, so I was wondering where is the best place to sell a mid-2015 MBP and a late-2013 iMac?

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Craigslist is great if you have patience, smart street senses, and you don't let the lowball offers bother you.

eBay is good if you have a reputation on thee and you don't giving up 10-14% in fees.

3. StoneCold X thread starter macrumors regular

I am considering Craigslist but always a little leery with big ticket items on there.

I despise Ebay because of the fees, especially when they double with their fees and then PayPal. Hard pill to swallow giving up over $100 to fees

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I totally understand where you're coming from. I've sold a lot of big-ticket photography items via Craigslist and in addition to talking shop with them via email to get a feel for if they are real or not, I also insist on meeting at the local police station for their protection and mine. I've never had anyone refuse, but if they did, then I probably did a good job of covering myself. Things can certainly go wrong, but I estimate that I've done 70-80 Craigslist transactions over the years and have never had a problem.

6. swester macrumors regular

The last few times I tried to use Ebay I had a series of bad experiences (shill bidding) and their fees are getting crazy high. I've always had better luck with Craigslist and no fees!