Best place to sell my Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mr. feeny, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mr. feeny macrumors member

Looking for any insight as to where I could sell my flawless 2.2 Macbook Pro other than ebay. I used to sell things on here, and then they set up the new user agreement. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Peabody macrumors regular

I second that! It'll take me forever to get to 500 posts... :)

Where are the folks hiding who really have to have matte & FW400? I personally don't need either!

3. mr. feeny thread starter macrumors member

The worst part is, I have an Air that I use for my everyday tasks, and the Pro sits in the incase never getting any use. It's a 2.2, 120gb hard drive, gloss screen that just sits in the incase. It doesn't even have wear on the keys. However, I don't know where I could market it besides ebay.

4. mBurns macrumors 6502

Try Craigslist.. I've had a lot of personal success on that site selling Mac items.

5. jaykkub macrumors newbie

Same here. I'd either go with eBay or Craigslist. Craigslist is really good for local sales.

6. mr. feeny thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the quick responses everyone. I might give Craigslist a try. Any other online market-place type arenas that you may know of?

7. mr. feeny thread starter macrumors member

Posted on Craigslist. So many computers on that site, let's hope for the best. If only I had enough posts to sell on here. I have sold two computers on here in the past, before they created the new seller agreement, and they went off unhitched. Oh well.

8. dergaderg macrumors member

yeah me to

im in the same situation i have macbook pro that i need to sell asap

9. gmans46 macrumors regular

craigslist or just trying to find someone to sell it too but theyll probably want a hefty discount

10. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

I prefer eBay . May I ask why you dont want to use it?

11. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

I have one too that I'm trying to get rid of. I did craigslist as well :eek:

12. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

I have bought and sold hundreds of things on craigslist.. and also have advertised a little service (not that kind :) ) and made some decent money from it.

I have been fortunate enough to meet very normal and cool people every time. Some like to hang and talk, some sell me the item and leave, and some have asked me to come back and hang out and gave me some beer.

Just be smart and dont do anything you dont feel is safe/normal, and you will be ok. Always meet face to face in a very public place and try to deal with cash only. Other than that its pretty safe.