Best place to sell software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nowave, Jan 22, 2010.

1. nowave macrumors newbie

Hi - I don't want to break any forum rules - but I have some mac software I bought for my small business and never ended up using that I'm trying to sell, but ebay doesn't seem to be working out well for this (maybe too specific?).

Does anyone know of a site where I can post software for sale?

Alternately, if a moderator or user says it's ok and been done in the past I can post the link to my ebay item here - but like I said, I don't want to break forum rules.

Thanks!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

#10 under Minor Problems:
    Not sure of other sites. Depending where you're at maybe something like Craig's list.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Links in signatures are OK but you can't start threads outside the marketplace on it.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

MacRumors has a marketplace but you have to have 250 posts and be a member for 6 months.

Short of that, you can try craigslist and as you mentioned ebay.

5. nowave thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone

Thanks for the replies. It looks like I'm out of luck here - I don't have enough posts / time to utilize the Marketplace board. I'll stick with ebay I suppose.

I suppose if anyone who read this thread was interested in a popular mac text editor, you can check eBay! ;)

(Hope that wasn't too cheeky for the mods)

Thanks again everyone for the help.

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I suggest taking a look at Amazon, too. Create a selling account, it's free. Find the new software for sale on their site and click the link "Sell yours here." Enter just a little info and you're good to go. You only pay fees if it sells, and Amazon will give you a shipping credit too.

This works better than Ebay for certain products. If there are a lot of your product for sale by outside merchants, I recommend offering the lowest price.

Good luck. :)

7. nowave thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks redwarrior

A great idea- I'll hop on over to Amazon and try that now.