BEST plan Canada iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HJ24, Oct 16, 2011.

1. HJ24 macrumors regular

Hey i just got a unlocked iphone 4s and wanted to know what people usually pay for their plans, i'm looking to sign a MAX contract term of 1 year no more....commitment issues. Also please post any suggestions for cheap plans, i'm not much of a data user so under 500mb would be fine.

unlimited texting would be a must :D

Thanks

2. Fynd macrumors 6502

If you aren't currently committed you might have some luck negotiating something through a carrier, as you have all the leverage there and they'd love your business. That being said 1 year might make it tough.

I currently pay.. 48$ a month for:

350 minutes, 5pm evenings, unlimited weekends
    6GB Data
    Caller ID, all those features like that...
    Unlimited texts

This plan was originally like 84$ or something, but i called retentions last year and negotiated some discounts and bonuses to extend another 3 years.

3. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

I was paying 49. after discounts, but with new iPhone 4S the would not batch at all, I got 50min. more and now my bill is 60., still good, but far from last package.

4. CdnMacJen macrumors member

So to the last two posters, who is your provider!?! Telus? Bell? Rogers? Fido? Virgin?

I'm with Fido, and here's my current costs:

iPhone Plan 60.00
    Call Display w/Name Display 6.00
    Minute Tracker 0.00
    250 Weekday Minutes 0.00
    iPhone Data Access 500 MB 0.00
    Fido/Rogers Hotspot Access 0.00
    Unlimited Evenings/Weekends0.00
    Unl. text messages 0.00
    Visual Voicemail 0.00
    Total before taxes: $66.25
    GST (862395381 RT0001) 3.31

Total for Fido: $69.56

Plus, any SMS + photo = $0.50

However, I'm currently not on contract, so I'd like to hear more from other network users, to see if I can get more for less.

5. Yofi macrumors member

Go for the Virgin Mobile or Telus promotions! I think they each have one that's like $70 for a bunch of goodies including 6 GB of data, more than you're likely to find anywhere else for a reasonable price. Otherwise, definitely go through retentions if you want to keep your current provider. That's what I did; I compared Fido's plan point by point with the Telus promotion with customer service and told them I was signing up with Telus if they didn't offer me something competitive. For $65/mo. they gave me 3 GB, 200 minutes, free incoming calls, free evenings and weekends from 5 pm, free international texting, and free caller ID. :) Still not as good as that $48 plan mentioned earlier but I'm satisfied.

6. Avengment macrumors newbie

This is from Apple's Canada website:

The unlocked iPhone includes all the features of iPhone but without a contract commitment. You can activate and use it on the supported GSM wireless network of your choice.* The unlocked iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S will not work with CDMA-based carriers.

Now doesn't that mean carriers like Telus and Bell are out? What are we left with then? Robbers and Fido? I bought an unlocked 4S as Ive had service problems with rogers for years and they always blame the hardware (3 3gs's later and I still get no 3G coverage while inside a building in Kelowna). If the 4s is displaying the same problems once I get it tomorrow I am going to be fighting rogers to let me out of my contract. Makes no sense why I'm paying for a service they don't provide, while a friend will be sitting beside me and be getting full bars.

7. usman.rz macrumors member

Telus and Bell both support UMTS/HSPA 850MHz and 1900MHz ie. your iPhone will work fine.

8. ccolaco macrumors 6502

Best bet is to call Rogers and try and pry something from them. Heres the plan I use on my iPhone:

200 weekday min
    Unld. eve/weekends after 6pm
    Unld. Network calling (rogers, fido & rogers home phone)
    Unld. Incoming calls
    1GB Data
    2500 texts
    Call Display
    Voicemail

$47 tax in.

9. HJ24 thread starter macrumors regular

Your plan sounds perfect for me. I'm gonna definitely try to negotiate with a bunch of these companies. Thanks