Best Plan to get a 6s+? Buying iPhone 6+ @ Apple China & Exchanging in California?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Sep 4, 2015.

1. VideoNewbie, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015

VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

hey guys need your advice on something

long story short my iPhone 6 plus was stolen in China :(.

i need a phone asap & the company i am working for is gracefully proposing to replace the phone for me while im still in China. I am planning on going to the apple store today here in Beijing to pick up an unlocked iphone 6+ to use for the next 2 weeks

what's the best course of action if i want a 6s+ ? do any of you know if i am able to get an unlocked 6+ here at the official apple store in beijing & then exchange it for a 6s+ back in california?

on the apple store it vaguely says something about only being able to return from the country of purchase, but it doesnt really explicitly say anything about exchanges and unlocked phones....if i buy it today (the 5th) 14 days from now will be the 19th....so i'd still be in the 14 day window

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Hey, I'm in Beijing as well. Just got here from SF. Yeah you can only return it in China. I asked about that today as well at the Apple Store.

4. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

where in beijing are u staying? and will u be here when the 6s launches? i wonder if it itll be easier to get a phone here rather than back in california

5. 808? macrumors 6502a

So was Hong Kong or mainland China?

The difference is like night and day.