Best plastic cover for the 17" BMP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thermodynamic, Dec 9, 2009.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Howdy!

I've read up on Speck brand plastic covers for the MBP line. Unfortunately, many claim the case adds to the aluminum case being scratched than without.

Unless you've had good experiences, what other brands of case protectors exist, that are worthy of purchase?

Thx!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I took mine off the other day with no scratches however, I recommend Incase.

3. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Thx for the link.

I scoured amazon and other places for a good Incase plastic case - none were found. :( The Speck I have for my 15" MBP is good overall (it scratches easily, but better it than the aluminum case, LOL)

As I'm going out of town next week, I ordered the Speck.

I did stop at the Apple store earlier tonight. I was floored when they said they don't carry 17" protectors. I asked if they didn't sell well, likely because the 17" MBPs don't often sell. I was doubly floored when she said they sell very well and used by graphic designers. (A $2500 computer and the buyers don't get the protection cover? :eek: )

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The Apple Store just doesn't carry a whole lot of cases in general is what I have come to understand.

5. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Only Speck and a couple Incase items, and mostly for the 15 and 13" models.

Thx again for the reference, I will keep them in mind when their products are available again!

The Speck will hold until I can find the Incase equivalent (their web site has them 'sold out' as well, and amazon.com says "unavailable" for almost all the cases -- I now wonder if they're slowing down production or going out of business or something...)