Best plastic overlay: bse, invisible shield, bodyguard, etc?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by unagimiyagi, Apr 8, 2010.

1. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

Hi, I am a veteran of best skins ever, but I was wondering if there was anything better. Are these companies all using the same shield materials? I am hoping to find one that preserves the silky smooth scrolling action and is not too rubbery. More important, though is the that the shield is crystal clear but still can reduce some of the horrible glare. I find that the best skins ever shield for my iPod touch was clear and did reduce some glare actually. But it was not that silky smooth for scrolling. Just wondering what you guys are buying out there.

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I've always bought BSE as well.

I do think that they've changed their product though. All the old BSE skins I had were pretty tacky, but I just installed a new skin on my iPhone, and its far slicker than the old versions.

I've got a 6 month old skin on my MBP and a 1 week old skin on my iPhone, and comparing the two, there seems to be a definite difference.

Either way, I love BSE and vote you buy their skin, that's what I'll do when my iPad comes.

3. Toraen macrumors member

My first shield was Zagg... until I realized how much they overcharged. Sure the package was nice with the solution and squeegee but it was a little silly. Like $40 for the ipad shield...

Then a friend told me about Best Skins and I've been using them ever since. Good prices, cheap shipping (with discounts for 2, 3+).

I never thought about it till I saw your post, but I just recently replaced my front shield on my iphone and it does feel different (for the better).

I tend to stick with what works until it doesn't, or they go crazy on prices.

4. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Thanks guys. You just saved me from ordering from Zagg.com.

5. jedolley macrumors 68000

I prefer Phantomskinz. I've tried BSE and Zagg, but found Phantomskinz much better for touch screens. There is absolutely no tack feeling, just a nice smooth surface.

6. meagain macrumors 68030

I'm going with BSE for the back and waiting for Power Support to create theirs for the iPad which is the BEST skin for glass IMO.

7. firteen888 macrumors regular

Most importantly for me, does the BSE prevent fingerprinting? The powersupport on my iphone is amazing at this and thats really the only reason i'd get a screen protector.

8. jamesthegator macrumors member

My plan exactly.

Placed the order for BSE today, and called Power Support. They said they should have their product ready by the end of this month.

9. unagimiyagi thread starter macrumors 6502a

What does the powersupport skin do that the BSE skin does not?

Is it the same self-healing plastic material? On their site they make an anti-glare film, which theoretically sounds great. But every one I've ever seen makes the screen cloudy.

10. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

BSE is the best though I have heard good things about xoskins and ok things with IS. BodyGuardz is one I would definitely stay away from. I have a BSE on my iPhone, past iPhone, and my MacBook. Looks fantastic on my MacBook.

11. ram8727 macrumors member

I typically use BSE because of price and the customer service is amazing, but Wrapsol is awesome (at least the back skin)! The back has a matte finish to it. I am currently using BSE front & Wrapsol back on my iPad!

http://www.wrapsol.com

I have a installation video of te Wrapsol on my YouTube channel for the iPhone 3G/3GS