Best PlayStation Network games for under $15?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by ghall, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I received a $20 PlatStation Network card the other day and I spent $5 of it on LittleBigPlanet DLC. I'm trying to find a game I would like on the PlayStation store for under $15. What would you guys recommend?

2. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Some of my favs...

Super Stardust HD
    PixelJunk Monsters
    PixelJunk Eden
    PixelJunk Shooter
    Echochrome

Super Stardust is a twin-stick shooter that is a ton of fun and quite easy to learn. I really enjoy the PixelJunk games. Shooter is probably the best one, but it is a bit short. Eden is fun, but the difficulty ramps up to just BRUTAL levels. Monsters is great if you like "Tower Defense" games. Echocrome is a really neat puzzle game.

3. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I was actually considering Pixeljunk Eden. It seemed pretty fun though I don't know if I can deal with a brutal difficulty level. :(

4. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Well, I wouldn't say it is brutal to the point of being unplayable. The point of the game is to collect these things called "Spectra" in each level. You do this by getting your character to climb higher and explore more of the levels. But you have a limited time to do this. That is where the difficulty comes in. The mechanic of the game is very easy to grasp and pretty easy to master. It is the time limit that gives me the most problems.

It is a very fun game though. I didn't mean to give the wrong impression. The game, as with all of the PixelJunk games, is very fun and has a very unique graphical look and great soundtrack. Easily worth a purchase from the PSN.

5. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Just played around with the demo. It seems fun, I might actually get it. I'm going to sleep on it first though. I tend to make decisions I regret when it's late at night. :p

6. macfan881 macrumors 68020

TMNT Turtles in Time is a classic theh graphics are a nice touch

7. -SD- macrumors 6502

I've no idea how much any of these are, but still:

WipEout HD
    Fat Princess
    Rocket Knight Adventures

:apple:

8. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I almost pulled the trigger on Super Stardust HD. There's a bundle of the game with the DLC for $14.99 which seemed like a good deal, but then I saw the Gundemonium Collection bundle which looked really sweet so I ended up getting that. Geez if I had seen that game to begin with I could have saved myself from making a thread! :D

It's a set of 3 chaotic anime-style shooters, that get pretty difficult. They're short (I already beat one) but they're totally worth playing over and over.

Though next time i have $15 sitting in my PSN account I'll get Super Stardust HD, the demo was really fun. :p

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

9. happydudeca macrumors member

This has been my one and only PSN purchase. I bought it for nostalgia value and it's not especially in-depth but if you were a fan of the original it's a good buy.

10. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Magic Orbz FTW if you want to go with a PSN network game; otherwise you gotta go with Final Fantasy VII! :D

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You're 5 years too late ;)
    Are you the guy from Take That?

12. mandoman macrumors 6502

mandoman

Late to the thread indeed.

But now that it is open, if you've got PSN credit, my advice is wait for PSN flash sales. Last big one a couple of months ago Sony had sale on games plus 10% off. I picked up 5 games for under $10.

13. kingc0bra macrumors regular

kingc0bra

Best game right now for PS4 PSN download is Wolfenstein Old Blood, it's amazing and only $20!