Best pocket pouch?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RebeccaL, Feb 4, 2011.

1. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Recommend me a pocket pouch.

I was thinking about the sfbags Suede Jacket or a similar pouch made of leather. I plan of using it with a Vulcan case, so the ones that fit the bumper would be ok.

Thanks

2. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

I have the Suede Jacket from sfbags (for a naked iphone, not the one for a bumper). Don't have the iphone yet, but I will likely post up a review once i get it in.

Just looking at it, the quality seems nice. Stitching is good and the suede fabric feels nice to the touch. I've heard of people using the suede to clean the phone screen, and it feels soft enough for me to do the same with it.

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

The only pouches that I know would fit, are WaterField.

4. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Try Sena cases, although a lot of them may not work with a Vulcan, there is also Proporta, Beyzacases, and Vaja.

5. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

6. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I have used a Sena for about 4 months now and it's been great. No sign of giving up.

7. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yeah, Sena's are great.

8. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I have a 2 year old case from ikonic edge and it still looks like it did when it was brand new. Fantastic quality.

9. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Hmm, looks pretty nice!

10. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

switch easy duo works with skins and zagg and stuff not sure about vulcan though

11. aldo82 macrumors regular

I'm a big fan of the ikonic edge pouch, great quality. There is an added inconvenience with a pouch in that you pull it out of your pocket, and then have to pull the phone out of the pouch. I therefore decided the other day to ditch the pouch and try a bumper case and screen protectors instead. I lasted a day before going back the pouch!

The ikonic edge feels very plush, is very nice to hold and feels high quality. My phone is naked inside the pouch - no screen protection - and so I get the 'real' iphone experience without wrapping it in plastic. The front and back get a nice little clean every time you use the pouch which was one of the main things I missed when trying out a bumper style case. I also like how the camera lenses are protected in the case. Everyone goes to great lengths buying cases and screen protectors but the only part of the back of the phone that actually matter if it gets scratched - the camera lens - is left completely exposed. Not the case with a pouch

12. Raj24v macrumors member

I'm after a decent quality pouch for my ip4 too.
    Any of you guys tried the Beyza pouch out? I really like the design but they never have any in stock lol.

13. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Thanks for all the suggestions.

The leather pouches from Beyza, Sena and Iconic look great.

But None of them fits over a vulcan or bumper :(

14. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

No point in having a bumper and a pouch as well...just get an otterbox if you need that kind of protection.

15. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

There is a point. I keep other things in my pocket. The vulcan I use is for protection when outside the pocket.

I totally dislike bulky cases like the one you recommend.

I know that sfbags.com makes a bumper specific pouch. Some other company must make a similar leather one.

Maybe the iphone in the vulcan can fit a 3GS pouch...

16. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I respect your opinion but honestly, your using a case not even a bumper, I don't think theres a point using a case and a pouch, it's usually either or.

17. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

The Vulcan is a TPU case. It can stractch badly with items in the pocket. I just want to keep the phone separate from other items in my pocket. And by the popularity of the sfbags bumper pouch it seems I am not the only one.

Also another purpose of the pouch is to keep the phone dust free and clean it as it is inserted/removed.

18. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

You're taking things too far imo. I think you're not enjoying yourself. You already have a pretty good case, no need for anything else. Don't waste your time picking out cases.. Think about it.

19. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

SwitchEasy DUO, awesome case IMO.

Key Features:

•Revolutionary dual push and slide insert function,
    •where your iPhone can be inserted from the top or base easily and securely.
    •Made from high quality luxurious real leather, both durable and chic.
    •Super rich microfiber lining that protects and cleans your iPhone with every use.
    •Discreet inner safety strap keep your iPhone secure.

[​IMG]

20. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

does the leather soften up... my mom has trouble getting the phone in/out of the pouch

21. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes. I think it's tighter at first just so it will always stay tight and hold the iPhone inside over time.

22. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I just like to collect cases ;)

23. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

So back on topic, to all of you that use pouches with naked iPhones, which pouch would be the "pouch of choice"? So far I have the case mate firenze and the SFbags suede jacket, they are pretty nice, but looking to see what all of your favorites are, looking for another.

24. rperalta macrumors 6502

I'm have the SFbags suede jacket too. I would like to get the Ikonic Edge.

25. aldo82 macrumors regular

ikonic edge in every way