Best podcast app on android

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by bigjnyc, Aug 5, 2016.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

So I am going to give my 6S plus as a birthday gift to my sister next week. My buddy who works for LG is hooking me up with an LG V10 to use until the iphone 7 comes out. So I'll be using android for about a month or so...... One of my biggest usages is listening to podcasts, especially this time of year with Football season kicking off. I was using instacast and recently started using overcast which I like very much....

Ideally I would like a free podcast app on android since I am going to only use it for a month and then going back to iOS. Overcast is great so anything similar to that, with 3x speed listening, nice clean interface, and the ability to auto-download new podcasts as well as auto-delete podcasts when you finish playing them.

2. tbayrgs, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Well, it's not free but my go to podcast app is Pocket Casts. It was easily the most recommended podcast app for Android when I asked the same question and I like it so much it's now what I use back in iOS. Think it's $2.99 (can't see price on either store since I've already purchased it), well worth the price of a cup of coffee. ;)

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

yeah I've heard good things about pocket casts, I guess paying a few bucks for something I use every day isn't so bad, even if its just for a month. Thanks guys.

5. Mr. Guybob macrumors newbie

Mr. Guybob

If you want a good free app to try, I use Podcast Addict and am quite happy with it. It has an ad banner, but you can buy a 'pro' version to get rid of it. Since I spend a lot more time listening to the app than I do looking at it, I'm not too bothered.

6. mclld macrumors 68000

Pocket Casts is great and it syncs you podcasts across devices, multi`platform as well

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

pocketcasts is great but i have also used playerFM. Also very good for podcasts

8. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Another vote for pocket casts. I discovered it on android and bought it again to use when I went back to iOS. Now I'm back on android I'm using pocket casts again.

9. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

Have to say Pocket Casts as well. Great on both Android and iOS.

10. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I use and love Pocketcasts but for a month I probably wouldn't buy it unless you were also going to buy it on iOS when you go back. I would check out the podcast feature on Play Music and see if that fits your needs.