Best Pong app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by RecentlyConverted, Mar 11, 2018.

1. RecentlyConverted macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I am looking for the best, most faithful watch app to the original Pong game from the 70s.

In the 70s, my father saw this game and designed and built his own. It took two large panels with approx 30 chips on each, two potentiometers and some modification to the TV.

Old age now has the better of him, but if I catch him on a good day I know he would be amazed to see this game on a Watch!

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I remember that game. Got it as a Christmas present one year. I have searched the web high and low, and haven't seen any game like that for the watch.

3. RecentlyConverted thread starter macrumors 6502a

There are a few, here is one. Paddles! Pong edition by Object Enterprises https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/paddles-pong-edition/id1067049945?l=en&mt=8 Not sure how popular they are. It’s probably more a curiosity item.

It’s amazing how far we have come over the years. I remember as a child playing with an early cartridge video game system and my father saying one day all your music and films will be on a cartridge type storage. I thought he was mad, he was spot on.

4. RecentlyConverted thread starter macrumors 6502a

Went for the above one. Close. Shame watch doesnt act as second player (you have to be both players).

5. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

I found one called Pong. The watch plays the other side. It was fun for the 5 minutes I played with it.

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I just found my reason for spending hundreds of dollars on my Watch. :D

7. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68020

I remember an old joke about why commercials for above ground pools are only 30 seconds long. Because that is how long you can have fun playing in an above ground pool. 5 minutes seems like the amount of time playing ping on your watch before it isn’t fun.

Totally teasing. I personally can’t imagine playing an active game on my watch. Probably just me.

8. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

I had my watch all of a day. I had to experiment and play around. :)