BEST powered speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HiFiGuy528, Oct 24, 2008.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Look what I just found. These may be my answer to BEST sounding mini monitors for the Mac.

Adam makes VERY expensive pro-audio monitors so you know these should be very good.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

3. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Adam monitors have a great reputation. You pretty much never see a bad word said about them, so I doubt you'd be disappointed with those. Its a German company. Which is good. However, they are made in china, which some people are not so happy about. But thats your call.
    More money, but check out the Adam A7's if you can stretch to them. Extremely highly regarded by all that have heard them.
    The Bluesky's that I mentioned in your other post are also powered by the way..

While im here.. Macrumors has an Audio forum section you know ;)

4. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Ugh, Apple computers are made in China.

5. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Correct! Have a banana.
    And if you have used Macs for a few years, you'll know that they were not always made in China, and you'll also know that build quality used to be rather a lot better than it is now.
    But this is taking the post off topic. As I said originally, it's your call whether it concerns you or not. I only mentioned it in the first place, as some folks assume that Adam being a German company, also manufacture the products in Germany. Which is not true for most of their products unfortunately.

6. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Oh yes, Apple's quality has definitely gone down over the years. A topic for another day. I hate how Apple writes "Designed by Apple in Cupertino" instead of blazingly writing "Made in China" on its laptop.

Nevertheless, they are still great desktops and notebook computers.

7. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Absolutely! You won't catch me going to the dark side any time soon :p

8. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I've heard really good things about Adams, never actually heard them b4 tho,, i still love my logitechs

9. RedRocksU2 macrumors member

RedRocksU2

I have the Companion 5 by Bose. Excellent sound.

10. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

No one in my area have them on display for audition. $1200 pr. is NOT cheap.

11. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Anyone near you got the Bluesky Exo's or Mediadesks? They are good and not costly. Exo's are around $400. MediaDesks around $800
    Nice powered non ported monitors :) If you Google them, you'll likely find plenty of good reviews.

Seems you got an eye for quality stuff.. Are you planning on driving them directly from your mac? Or do you have some kind of audio interface? I do recommend using a good audio interface. Headphone outputs on most macs these days are not really all that..

12. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

My local GC has some Bluesky. I have to go and audition them. I have an Apogee Mini DAC for my McIntosh and plan to get another for the MacBook set-up.

13. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Nice :) Let us know how you get on with the speakers. Apogee is great stuff too. I recently got a Duet, and it's been fantastic :cool:

14. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I like old school KRK V8s. Any of the KRK the Yamaha 80s or even less expensive Behringer B2031A.