Best practices - mail, calendar, outlook, etc????

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bandit350, Feb 10, 2011.

1. bandit350 macrumors newbie

Macbook 2010, OS X 10.6.6

Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but I'll give it a shot.

I use Gmail as my personal email and my work email is Outlook w/ Exchange server 2003 (soon to be 2010). I have a Droid 2 phone that I use for work and personal. I am currently trying to find the most efficient and best way to use my emails, phone, calendar, etc. I have Office for Mac 2008 installed as well but apparently there are problems w/ using Entourage the way our corporate email is set up.

In saying that, what is the best free way to integrate emails, calendars, sync, etc?

I use the Google Calendar w/ my gmail acct, but I believe there are sync issues. Should I use Mail on my desktop? My phone has the 2 separate emails set up. Any light you can shed on this is greatly appreciated. I feel like there must be an easier way to deal w/ all of the calendars, emails, etc.

Thank you in advance.

2. brandone macrumors member

If your office is migrating to Exchange 2010, i would just wait until that is complete. Exchange 2010 is FULLY compatible with Outlook 2011 for Mac. You can then just simply use Outlook 2011 to manage your Exchange and Gmail. I believe you might even be able to merge the two calendars together if you so please.
    good luck