Best price for (original) iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The X Factor, Apr 1, 2011.

1. The X Factor macrumors member

I'm interested in buying 10 brand new (original) iPad's. Too bad I didn't get in on the Verizon sell off ($299). What's the best place/price to get the original iPad?

I need 10 for my company, so need to ask the question. lol.

Thanks.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I would think some company would gladly negotiate a fair price to get 10 out of inventory.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

It all depends, since they are for a Company, Do you want them to be new or do you mind if they have been previously owned?

also, the storage capacity you want will determined its value and best price.

Currently Apple's website is out of 16Gb models (both clearance and refurbished) but they do have refurbished 32GB models for $429 ($170 savings from the original price of $599)
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad?mco=OTY2ODY4NQ

But if you don't mind purchasing a previously owned iPad, you could try Craigslist, though I am not sure if you will still get any good deals since the fire sale is pretty much over, the best time to buy from Craigslist was a week before the iPad 2 went on sale since first gen owners were desperate to sell and pretty much accepted any acceptable offer (myself included).

4. Mrawr macrumors member

I've been finding that all of the Target stores in my area (Twin Cities) have iPad 1 in stock. I actually purchased one right when iPad 2 was announced and the price was cut by $100. I figured they would go fast, but I guess not. Maybe they have been discounted further?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

From what I've been reading, stock of the original iPads are dwindling. If you need them, don't hesitate too much longer.

6. King Ahab macrumors newbie

That was my experience. I bought the last two 32gb iPad 1's at local Verizons when they went on sale for $399, one is mine and another went to a friend in Colorado. New 16gb models were nowhere to be found in my area.

7. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

I just came from a Verizon store hoping to find a 16gb but they were gone. They had a 32gb but I'm kinda hoping to find a 16gb. I don't really need more than 16gb storage.

8. princealyy macrumors regular

Best deal right now is the 32 gb at Verizon if you can find one That is.

9. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

But for someone that really only needs 16GB is it really worth buying? Or are we better off with a 16GB iPad 2 for $100 more?

Thoughts??