Best price found on a Macbook Pro i7 thus far?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macnvrbck, Apr 29, 2010.

1. macnvrbck macrumors regular

I looked for such a thread but couldn't find too much.

Can we begin a thread finding the best deal on the Macbook Pro i7?

So far I've found this...

Ebay had sold 2 at $1600 and $2000.

Macconnection.com has it for $1969. I'm hoping to wait it out and found on in the $1800 range. Anyone find a better deal thus far?

(To NOT paying retail!)

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Good prices! I just wanted to say that the education discount on the top end 15" is $200 off, so I paid $2134.00 plus tax for it.

3. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Here's a warning:

Beware of Ebay. In early 2008, I purchased my 2.4 Ghz Black Macbook at a $300-400 discount on ebay. The guy had plenty of positive reviews and was also selling iMacs, Mac minis, and Macbook pros at a similar discount. After a week, he stopped communicating with his customers (many of which are MacRumors members). Luckily, I got lucky and received my laptop after a few weeks, but there were a lot of people who weren't so lucky. I'm sure there are some people on ebay who are legit, but just be careful.

In a few months I plan on getting a 15" MBP (probably the i7). My plan is to wait until the back-to-school deal starts, get the edu discount, and sell the iPod touch to get some extra money off the list price. I'd rather do this than save an extra ~100 and risk actually getting my laptop.

4. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123