Best price on Mbp in Canada

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tbone17, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Tbone17 macrumors member

After years of being a pc user I've decided to try Mac.
    So I'll be buying a Macbook Pro 13" and would like some opinions on the best place to buy it in Canada(BC).

The local stores and Apple.ca have it for $1299.
    I've also seen it come up on Apple.ca refurbished for $1099

Anyone have any other advice or opinions?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Refurb is probably the best way to go. Given the rumored updates, I'd wait and you will likely see a drop in prices at local stores like Future Shop (offering the older models, though still new, at discounted prices) as well as a discount at the refurb store.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Agreed on the refurbs - an excellent deal with lots of fans on this forum (do a mroogle search and you'll see what I mean).

Waiting until after the rumored refresh at the end of Jan means that the prices will drop some, but not a lot.

Also, remember to grab the free printer (after rebate) deal - it IS available at the apple canada store, you just have to dig around for it or ask a chat agent to send you a link to the page. Don't need the printer? Sell it on fleabay and net an extra US$60 or so.

4. Tbone17 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the free printer, will definately look into that. I will definately wait a few weeks to see what happens at the end of the month.