Best prices for Mac Pro (Late 2013) RAM? Looking for 16 GB sticks...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Torley, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Torley, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015

Torley macrumors member

Dec 3, 2008
    Where're the current best prices for Mac Pro RAM? I've ended up with a lot of odd dead ends in searching, and various sites that are misleading. I've had trouble searching MacRumors for recent results as well.

I notice Amazon has the Crucial 16GB modules for $163 but then I recalled Superbiiz has these less-marketed Hynix 16GB modules for $145 before shipping. That seems to be the lowest I've found... any other underrated resources?
  2. fuchsdh macrumors 6502a

Jun 19, 2014
    There's plenty gf decent quality RAM out there, but to me the possibly lower prices aren't worth the hassles of returns and such, so I stick with Other World Computing, Crucial, or Hynix. I was looking recently and found that Amazon consistently had the lower prices even over Crucial's own site, so at least in the US it's where I recommend.
  3. Torley thread starter macrumors member

Dec 3, 2008
    I'm with you there, definitely looking for quality RAM but finding the lowest prices for those — for example, buying from Amazon is not as appealing if one is in a state that charges sales tax.

Superbiiz seems the best balance so far, wondering if there's anything better.
  4. flowrider macrumors 601

Nov 23, 2012