Best printer for scanning in photos

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by umdjb, Sep 13, 2009.

1. umdjb macrumors regular

I am looking for an all-in-one printer for two primary functions:

1.) Print wirelessly high-quality documents.

2.) Scan photos wirelessly onto my computer in high-quality and at a quick speed.

Basically, I am looking for a way to quickly scan my old photos into my computer. I am not really interested in printing photos.

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

While there are several out there with a feeder (rather than a flatbed) I have tried this with not so good results. I used a Brother all in one, and could only put in a few photos at a time, and even then it would pull multiple photos at one pass, making it necessary to determine which ones did not get scanned, and then re-scan them. Very time consuming! And, if the photos are not all the same size or thickness, even more problems.

I determined that, for me anyway, my Canon flatbed was much faster and more reliable for scanning many photos (I have scanned in all my family's photos from the early 1900's). Canon (and perhaps others) have a function called Multi-scan that will allow you to put many photos on the platen at one time, and will scan each one into its own file. Works like a charm. Was much faster for me that the batch feeder.

Good luck!