Best printer for snow leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MAC-ItjustWORKS, Mar 12, 2010.

1. MAC-ItjustWORKS macrumors newbie

I need a printer for my macbook running snow leopard. I want an all in one. The 2 I use the most (daily) are scanning & printing (mostly documents). I want something that has reasonably priced ink and separate ink cartridges. And ALL functions on the printer to work.

We just bought our second MAC. Spouse decide we needed another so we could both have one. One thing I LOVE about my Mac is : It just works. I want my printer to just work from the get go too.

Thankyou.

2. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

canon pixma mx870.

just got this. it's awesome: wifi printing, copying, scanning. document feeder for scanning/faxing multiple pages (30 at a time). get devonthink office and you have a paperless office.

oh yeah, you can print from your iphone.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

This is the list of printers which are natively compatible with 10.6.

4. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

I think pretty much anything modern is fine. Only thing I would say is watch out for Epson: they drink ink at a ridiculous rate. I know because we have one.

5. joaoferro99 macrumors member

Epson Artisan 50 should be the best printer in terms of reliability and pricing. To get rid of ridiculous ink cost, you should also get a real good bulk ink system. Steve Mathieu has its review on inkrepublic's site which selling real good ink system and inkset for Artisan series.
    http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/SteveMathieu/review.asp

my 2 cents.

6. anthony11 macrumors 6502

Read above where the OP is looking for an AIO. The above is not an AIO.

I came across this thread out of frustration with my Canon MP960, looking for an alternative. Functionality of the unit is okay, but Canon's driver software doesn't grok 64-bit apps and strokes out half the panes in the print dialog when using them, eg. Snow Leopard's Safari, or Adobe Lightroom in 64-bit mode.

7. davidlv macrumors 65816

Both I and ny business partner bought Canon printers a few years ago, there are now no drivers available for SL and Canon refuses to provide support. These are not cheap printers, and they should be usable for more than 2 or 3 years! Sorry can't recommend Canon due to their slow driver support and bad driver support policies! :eek:
    I have heard good things about both Epson and Brother line's of combo type multi-purpose printers, reasonable prices, up-to-date drivers and good quality, I am in the process of checking them out now, basically the same market you are in.
    Wish us both good luck.

8. r0710 macrumors newbie

Printers

Hello Davidlv, I'm two years behind you, looking for a printer as I have become totally frustrated with the Dell printer which doesn't work at all with my son's Macbook Air and the Lexmark that doesn't print wirelessly with our MacBooks!

Did you end up getting an Epsom or Brother? What about HPs, did you check those out?

Thanks.

9. billib macrumors member

billib

iInk to the Rescue

Thank you "joaoferro99" for the heads up and link for a continuous
    ink fed system. I have an Epson R1800 printer and was thinking about
    using it on a semiprofessional level and was dreading the cost of its ink
    cartridges. That iInk system looks like the way to go.
    Thanks again!!!

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

I recently picked ip the HP OfficeJet 8500a Premium for $199 at B&H

11. Vice92 macrumors regular

Does anyone have experience with the continuous ink systems from inkproducts.com? I would love to set one of these up for my HP 6500.