Best printer in apple's printer promotion?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ec1x, Jun 12, 2009.

1. ec1x macrumors newbie

In your guys' opinion, which do you think is the best printer that apple is offering in their printer promotion? In a few days i will be getting a macbook pro 13" and i'd like to take advantage of this printer offer. If it helps any I am a college student.

2. CallMeZsaZsa macrumors member

3. ThomasW91 macrumors newbie

I am choosing the middle one of the three, the $150. I already got my Macbook Pro and free ipod but they were out of printers in store so I haven't gotten it yet. I definitely want wireless printing, so thats worth paying $50, and paying another $50 you only gain double sided printing I believe for the $200 printer. I will rarely use it so its not that important. Printing papers for class will always be single sided, and any other documents for class I will just use on the computer itself.

Hope that helps. If you have an Airport Extreme, you could just get the $99 printer for free and plug it in to there for wireless printing. (I don't have one)

4. gorn macrumors member

There are actually more than 3 models. When you're buying the computer they just list the Epson ones, but if you read the promo (http://www.apple.com/promo/) it mentions a number of printers. Just don't add a printer when you add your computer and then add a printer manually. The printers that are included in the rebate have a little note saying "Save up to $100 via rebate when you buy this printer with any new Mac." on their info page too.

I'm leaning towards the
    HP Photosmart C4580 AIO. The reviews are mixed (Either 1 star or 5 stars...), but it supports Linux, Wireless, AIO and it's pretty cheap.

5. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

Any of the laser printers. Forget ink. It costs much more in the long run and makes your documents look substandard. If you really need to print colour once in a while, print it out at uni or a print shop. Or even get a super cheap colour inkjet for those one offs.

6. fireball360 macrumors member

7. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I got that one too...haven't unboxed it yet though.

8. Locoweed macrumors member

Hp B8550

If anyone is interested in a wide format photo printer, this one seems pretty nice to me. As usual these days they have added a bunch of bloatware you don't need & more stuff built into the printer than you will probably use.

9. itsmed macrumors regular

itsmed

hi does the canon ip4600 have any cables with it just ordered one?

10. MBP09 macrumors member

I got the Canon MX860. I havent unboxed it yet but read some good reviews. i like the WiFi capabilities and the functions.

11. celticpride678

I got the HP PhotoSmart C4580 Printer and it is great. Some problems setting it up, but I called HP Support and they walked me through it. Wonderful printer and it is only $30 with the rebate.

12. jcpenn macrumors member

Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Ink Jet Printer
    There might be some point to purchasing a CIS and filling it with good 3rd party ink. like this
    http://www.jonsmithers.com/InkRepublic-Epson_1400/

But more sensibly, if you want lower ink cost and bigger carts, get an epson 3800 instead

13. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I got the $99 printer because it was free (after rebate). I got some HP printer/scanner/copier/card reader combo. It can even display pictures from a card in the card reader and print them without using a computer. :D

14. PaulexPC macrumors member

What is the printer promo?

I too am planning to buy a 13" Macbook within the next few days. Just bought a Time Capsule, would like a laser to do wireless printing.