Best printer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Epic Xbox Revie, May 23, 2011.

1. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I am going to take advantage of the $100 printer rebate along with the BTS promotion (whenever it starts).... What is the best printer in terms of either WiFi/AirPrint capability,printing regular papers (for college/etc), and affordability of ink?

I was looking at the HP-Photosmart-Plus-e-All-in-One-B210a but I am weary of the negative reviews... Thoughts? :confused:

2. Epic Xbox Revie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anybody?

3. d0ster macrumors regular

Im in the same boat as you also. The Epson workforce 630 looks like a good option also but acorrding to reviews and reviews on other sites, it has compatibility issues with Snow leopard?!? We'll see if anybody else chimes in.

4. DolemiteJackson macrumors member

I've always preferred the Canon printers. I'm having a hard time making mine work wirelessly, but hooked up with a cord, it works well. I've been unimpressed with the HP printers.

5. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Consider a B&W laser printer?

My suggestion is skip the rebate and buy a Brother black and white laser printer. Far, far cheaper in the long run than the loss leader color inkjet printers from Epson, Canon, and HP. Before you buy an inkjet printer, cost out a replacement set of ink cartridges.

6. Epic Xbox Revie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I think I need more than ONLY black and white... on occasion, I would like color. I'm just trying to find the best deal on a wireless printer... *sigh*

7. adjohnston macrumors newbie

I've had good luck with an Epson Workforce 840. Purchased from BBuy for 200. Easy install on 2010 MBP 15in i5 2.53. My printing needs are not extreme, but all functions (print, fax, copy, scan) have worked when I needed them.

I had one issue where the MBP could not find the printer, but it was after a storm and I unplugged everything and rebooted and everything was back in sync.

8. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I've recently owned HP inkjets and Brother laser printers. I started buying Brother printers when I noticed it listed Linux and OS X on the outside of the box. When I got my first one, the network printing drivers were already part of OS X. It "just worked." Meanwhile, I had some real turkeys from HP. I had one that couldn't speak wpa2 so I had to use it wired. The OS X drivers were a 30 meg download while the windows drivers were about 700 meg. I had started using HP because the ink dried out less, still the ink was always dry when I needed it because I do most of my printing on the B&W lasers.

Another thing I like about the Brother NW printers is they have an allinone that is a network scanner. I scan important receipts as soon as I get them and it has saved me more than a few times.

If you really want an ink jet, I can't help you as I haven't used them in a while. But if you are willing to consider laser, give Brother a try.

9. stomer macrumors 6502a

My printer, an HP C5180, refuses to print if it thinks one of the cartridges has expired. So my cyan cartridge has expired, and I want to print a text document, the printer will not print a damn thing until I walk over to it and press buttons on the interface. I'm never buying HP again.

I'm considering a Canon. Had an Epson previously and it was ****.