Best Printing Website?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Unprocessed1, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I'm looking for a website that prints high/good quality brochures and business cards.

The most important factors for me are quality and customer service (rather than price).

Anyone have good experiences ordering brochure/business cards from a website?

Would really appreciate recommendations or advice from personal experiences.

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Vistaprint has worked very well for me. You can pretty much design everything from the ground up on their site and save it and print whatever you want from it.

I have not compared them to other services in a very long time though, so I'm not sure about their competition.

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I've seen some of VistaPrint's free stuff, and it was quite good. I can only assume their paid stuff is even better.

4. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I've read some really horrid reviews about Vista print, mostly about poor customer service and zero quality control check which messes up a lot of orders.

5. chandler99 macrumors regular

I used a company called e-printing. (http://www.e-printing.co.uk/) and cant recommend them enough. They were the cheapest company i could find. They were quick and the quality was top notch. :)

6. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Has anyone that's used Vista Print before ordered brochures from them?

7. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I ordered brochures once, and I have to say that I was not as happy with them as I was with the business cards. If they had been white it would've been fine. They were blue, and the color seemed to crease and come off where the fold was. I was disappointed in that. Now, they may have had some upgrade options that would've prevent this from happening.

8. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Yeah I'm designing brochures for a business, and that simply won;t be acceptable.

Are there any other alternatives?

Kinko's is reliable, but costs over $600 for 500 copies :eek:

9. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

I used an online service for brochures and wound up throwing them away. My "design" looked great on screen, but when I got the actual item, the mistakes I made were glaring. I have a feeling that professional designers are past that stage.

10. gillboyswims96 macrumors regular

idk if it is exactly what your looking for but my dad, who runs a printing (small) business, uses 4over whenever its something too big of a job... idk if its what you want, but figured i could share...

11. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Staples is giving us some pretty good prices. You do the design yourself, upload, order, and then pick up, or have them shipped to you. I am only doing fliers though, not brochures, so I can't vouch for their quality.

12. Johnjo569 macrumors newbie

Unprocessed 1: You would be better off finding a colour printers in your local area and bargaining them down on price. You should get a free matchprint as well so you can check colour/images and text etc have come out ok, bit risky online if you ask me especially if its for a customer!! Business cards should be ok but brochures.....

I