Best Proceedure for best Qaulity DVD with iMovie 08

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by milenkod, Aug 9, 2008.

1. milenkod macrumors member

I shot some HD AVCHD format video and edited it in iMovie. What do I need to do to produce the best quality DVD from my video? I prepared the video in the highest quality in iMovie and used VisualHub to create the DVD but am not happy with the quality of the video. What do I need to do?

2. Mit59 macrumors newbie

What are the problems you see? Is it poor resolution, jerky motion when someone walks across screen or during panning etc?

How did you export from iMovie? I "Export Using Quicktime" but I select the DV/DVCPRO - NTSC format option. I choose 16:9 format and progressive. Visualhub should be able to read this file. I use iDVD for authoring and themes and this got me much improved DVD images on my TV over using the default export options in iMovie.

Tim

3. milenkod thread starter macrumors member

Mostly just jerky motion and poor quality while panning... almost like there's not enough frames/ second.

4. Mit59 macrumors newbie

Try my suggestion for exporting the DV files. It completely fixed my "jerky" video problem. One other problem I had was the 16:9 videos being recognized and burnt to disc as 4:3 (tall, skinny people). I had to run the output DV files through a free Mac tool "Amorphicizer" to fix that. That problem may be JUST in iDVD I don't know.

T