Best program/app for making a collage video on my iMAC! please help!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Kflik, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Kflik macrumors member

Hey sorry if this question is asked a lot/repeated. I attempted the search function with collage but found no relevant posts.

My question is basic. I have a brand new 27" iMac, I never planned to do any video work, but was thinking that my computer SHOULD be more than able to at least throw together a decent video collage.

I have hundreds of pics and small video samples from my phone, digital camera etc..and wanted to throw them together over some music in a fun and creative way..but what programs would I need? I am sort of ignorant when it comes to video production...ANY help or information on this would be great..

Only effects I'm looking to do would be speeding up or slowing down the video clips, showing the photos at various speeds over the music...would my iMovie be enough for this??

Thanks again!! Sorry if this is asked a lot!

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

iMovie is more than capable for your endeavor.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Yes

No need to fork out for FCP, iMovie is pretty powerful, if a little quirky in use. Experiment to get the feel of it and then off you go :)

4. Kflik thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick info and response!

I was going to ask if there was any material (website, blog, post, how to) that I should read before I start such a task...maybe something that would kind of give me a heads up before I embark..

Any suggestions?

5. cgbier macrumors 6502a