Best program for creating Guitar Tab or Chord sheets?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by johncoxhall, Apr 22, 2010.

1. johncoxhall macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a 2009 MacBook Laptop and run Mac OS X version 10.5.8.
    I also bought the Microsoft for Mac package (cost about $90) a while back because I was going back to school. So I basically use Microsoft Word as my word processor/document software.

I play guitar and whenever I figure the chords out to a new song, I frequently create a new document where I paste the lyrics and then add the chords in the appropriate places. Then I can always pull up that song and play it. So its kinda like sheet music. Also, I'll point out that I'm not talking about tabbing a song,...which really means identifying individual notes that are picked.

THE PROBLEM: I always try and get the song on one page so I can play the entire song without having to scroll down half-way through. Even when I eliminate the margins, view the page full screen, etc....I still can't help but be frustrated that SO much of the screen is being wasted. The actual words in the document in reality only take up a small portion of the screen...making it tough to read,...especially if I lose my place.

THE QUESTION: Any guitar players out there (or otherwise) know of any better applications or word processors that would allow me to maximize the amount of lyrics that would fit on the screen? Perhaps the solution lies in a different way of configuring or viewing Microsoft Word?

Hopefully the question is clear enough. How to fit the most amount of text onto one page and then have that page take up the entire screen without wasted space. I'm thinking that no matter what suggestions I get, one good tactic would somehow involve creating columns or even putting two page side by side (neither of which I'm sure how to do).

Anyway, I'm very anxious and thankful for tips or ideas. Thanks!

2. johncoxhall thread starter macrumors newbie

This is a good question...

...I wonder if anybody out there has any thoughts?

3. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod