Best program for syncing two Macs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Demigod Mac, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Demigod Mac macrumors 6502a

I've been looking for a suitable program to sync files between my two Macs, but so far haven't found any that satisfy.

I've got a Mac Pro and a Macbook Pro. Mac Pro is my base station and the MBP is the one I use on the road.

I'd like a program that can sync selected folders with one click. Problem is, one of the folders is full of Adium logs and has a ton of files, and most of the sync programs I've tried can take hours to compare all the files and finish the job. (at most only a dozen or so files are new when I return, so comparing everything in the two directories is rather wasteful)

Any recommendations?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. Jmx macrumors member

You could use ShareTool to open a VPN tunnel between your macs with a few clicks.
    Then you'll have your Mac Pro HD's (and other in your network) mounted like a local disk on your MacBook.
    It's not a sync program though, but it's like having your home computer available when ever you need it.

I use it every day at work, listen to music, up/download files from my home computer and i also remote desktop my server when i want to just as easy.

Wouldn't want to be without it.

4. sahnert macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've used Decimus Synk in the past.

http://decimus.net/Synk