Best Program for Video Animation/Graphic Design

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheBob2, Oct 18, 2012.

1. TheBob2 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    My boss wants me to make a slide show that loops for some tvs in our office. The first thing that popped in my mind was the video clip that loops on the TVs close to the Genius Bar in Apple Stores. The video has (seemingly) thousands of words sorted alphabetically, and has a nice blue-ish/wavy background. It will zoom past a bunch of the dummy words and then stop on a word, like "Multi-touch" for example, and give a quick definition. It only cycles through a dozen or so words to show their definition, not every word indexed on there.

Anyways I'd like to see if anyone knew any programs that I could use to replicate that video with our own words/definitions? Price isnt a huge issue (my boss wanted to buy Final Cut Pro, but I kept telling him thats pretty exclusively video editing, not animation creation). I was thinking LiveType was closer to what we needed, or something in Adobe's CS.

Any help is greatly appreciated! And if anyone could find the video I described, or knows the name of it so I can ask around more that would also be a big help.

Thanks guys!!

Jeff

2. DSimpsonsHead macrumors newbie

There are a couple programs you could try

The first one that comes to mind is Keynote, which is the easiest program to use for this. It's cheap, and you probably already have it. But, if you want it to look more professional, like what you saw at the Apple Store, then you will want to use Motion or After Effects. I would suggest starting with Keynote, if the project needs to be done right away, then moving up to Motion. It's quite a bit harder to use but well worth it if you want something great. You may want to purchase a template to get you going. Motion FX has some really good ones. So check them out, but the ones that come with the program will give you a good start.

Good Luck!