Best Program to Burn DVDs (.mkv, .avi)to DVD format??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hazedragon45, Nov 22, 2009.

1. hazedragon45 macrumors regular

What do you guys recommend? I'm completely new to this whole mac experience and loving it!! BTW i have a 13 inch MBP 2.26

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. hazedragon45 thread starter macrumors regular

i did. First it converted my .mkv to a .mpg, but it wouldn't play on my DVD player(s) after burning or even on the DVD player on my Macbook pro 13. Only with VLC**.

4. Zerozal macrumors 6502

Install Perian, then just use iDVD, which should already be on your Mac.

5. hazedragon45 thread starter macrumors regular

what is the purpose of Perian? Btw I already installed Perian to watch .avi movies, and i tried iDVD, but it wouldn't read any .mkv files

6. hazedragon45 thread starter macrumors regular

7. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

You'll have to repackage the mkv into an mp4 or mov container before dropping it into iDVD or iMovie. You can do this with Handbrake, but unfortunately it will be a lossy process.

8. epicfail macrumors newbie

Can you use Toast to skip using Handbrake and iDVD? Or would i still have to use handbrake to burn it with toast?

well tonight I gave it a shot using makemkv to rip the dvd then used handbrake to convert the file into a Regular/Normal m4v. after I used iDVD to burn it on a dvd-rw.

I tried the dvdrw out on my sony 5 disc dvd player system and it worked! I was pretty happy, but the frame rate was a little choppy. I'm sure it was the the settings on handbrake but I don't really know how to adjust it. I'm sorry about the stupid question I'm very new to this. Anyone help?