Best program to manage business?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ibodybuild, Aug 18, 2010.

1. ibodybuild macrumors newbie

I'm looking out there for a good business management program that will help manage contacts, appointments, invoices, etc.. I have tried a few programs, but none of them have been that great. What do others here use?

2. szumlins macrumors newbie

Depends on the size of your business, but for a small-medium business size, I'd take a look at Daylite from MarketCircle. Really great app.

3. osiris24x macrumors member

osiris24x

I wouldn't personally recommend Daylite nor Windows. Both are buggy and prone to crashing.

Marketcircle's programmers are known for creating poorly written software (like Microsoft). Even their program Billings (which got an Apple Design award) makes stupid math errors even after YEARS of development. It took them 5 years of people literally begging, before they added a simple expense option.

My experience with Daylite has been similar. It crashed 6 times in the first day I used it. It duplicated all of my iCal entries and pretty much destroyed my address book (all of which was backed up, luckily).

I've used every CRM out there for the Mac and none of them are very good, to be frank. Daylite has the most promise, but it needs a LOT of work. Also be aware that it's grossly overpriced and Marketcircle charges an additional annual fee just to sync with your iPhone. Lame.

For now, I'm using the Mac's built-in solutions - iCal, AddressBook, and am using DevonThink Pro Office as my personal database.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Invoices are your only real concern, as contacts and appointments can be handled easily by Exchange/Outlook or Address Book/iCal if you really want. For invoices or any other sort of document management program, I'd use a standard filing technique in Windows Explorer or Finder. If you really need a program to do it for you, try something like Filemaker Pro.