Best program to remote into windows 7?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Big D 51, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I went to search this, but for some strange reason my tapatalk lost the search button. Strange. Anyways, what is best and easiest software to remote into windows 7 from my Mac?

Sometimes my grandfather have questions, and this will be a easy way to help him out so I can see exactly what he sees.

Thank you much as always.

2. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Thank you. I apologize again for starting a thread that I am sure has been answered a few times. I'll have to look into why I lost the search function in tapatalk.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use.... and it's free for personal use. It also doesn't require messing around with ports.

4. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Sweet. Teamviewer it is. He needs something simple too so not messing with ports will be great.

Thank you for replying.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

+1 on TV as you mentioned. LogMeIn is another alternative. Free from computer but the mobile version is around $30 for the iPad/iPhone apps.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I prefer TeamViewer over LogMeIn because it includes free file transfers between computers, a feature I use frequently.