Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatGirl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
California
Can anyone please tell me the name of a free or inexpensive file transfer program that will allow me to upload small video clips?

I'm using a MacBook, system 10.4.8.

Thanks!

ThatGirl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
California
I probably don't know enough to have phrased that question correctly. I have been using Transmit to upload files to the storage index for my site. When I try to send a video that is about 60MB, it times out and stops in the middle of the upload. I should have asked my son before I asked you guys. He told me that I just need to buy the full program, and that I am using a demo. DUH! Oh well. You guys have to be kind to your moms.

The full program costs $29. Is that reasonable? I don't have anything to compare it to. There wouldn't happen to be a free program like that, would there?

Thank you!

TAV

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
If you are using Transmit to upload via FTP, try a free and stable alternative - Cyberduck.

tehybrid

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2006
cyberduck for sure, it is a free as in beer and speech FTP app with plenty of drag and drop abilitiies, isnt as nice as transmit.app but it is free, unlike transmit

Kevin

ThatGirl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
California
Thank you all, for your kind suggestions! I really appreciate your help. Cyberduck seems to be the best choice for what I need. Thanks so much for telling me about it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.