Best protection for Unibody Macbook Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nyry30, Jun 30, 2009.

1. nyry30 macrumors newbie

Recently, my friend's Unibody Macbook screen cracked out of nowhere (He's never ever dropped his Macbook) he's assuming this occured from numerous temperature changes in his room and office, however he's not 100% sure, we took it to Apple, and surprisingly they're replacing it free of charge (Thank you Apple, you just retained 2 customers :) ) They also somewhat agreed that, temperature may have played a part in the cracking of the screen.

My question is, is there some sort of "screen protector" that is effective in helping reduce incidents like this relating to temperature and non-temperature related cracks, I am now paranoid, because you never know with the genius bar, I have heard stories where people got rejected for similar problems if not the same, and they had to cough up either the $700 cost or had it done at an independent apple repair shop for a little less.

2. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Time for me to find a real job :(

I have never heard of temperature cracking a screen. I don't buy it! For half the machines I work on, people truly convince themselves they didn't do anything.

Temperatures found in day to day living environments don't crack glass.

3. nyry30 thread starter macrumors newbie

well, I feel for my for my buddy, because he's a broke ucla college student with an unpaid internship, and apple pretty much helped him out here in LA.

I was already happy with apple previously because they had agreed to fix my washed out screen and loose battery cover. So overall, my first experience with their customer service was great and more then I expected when they helped my buddy out.

His incident with his screen however made me a bit paranoid, I don't like being without my macbook for too long.