Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulflower

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
I'm looking for the best protective case for my iPhone 6+ but not one that is as bulky as the Otterbox Defender, etc.

I've dropped my phone once and shattered the screen. A second time it only cracked the screen protector. I want good protection but have female hands. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: danny8200

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I like the Urban Armour Gear (UAG), and the Rhinoshield Playproof and Rhinoshield Solidsuit. These three are all thinner than the thinnest Ottrbox I have (the Symmetry), yet drop rated and quite protective. Each case may have issues that might matter to you...there are threads about all of them in this forum.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
+1 for LifeProof. Here is a pic:
lpfr-apl-iph15-20.jpg

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I'm looking for the best protective case for my iPhone 6+ but not one that is as bulky as the Otterbox Defender, etc.

I've dropped my phone once and shattered the screen. A second time it only cracked the screen protector. I want good protection but have female hands. Thanks in advance.
  • My Choice: Evolutive Labs' RhinoShield PlayProof (case+protector)
  • Popular Choice: LifeProof FRE

mickeydean

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2011
tech21. Tried speck, apple, etc. Dropped my 6s plus so many times I think I might have a neurological problem. Not a dent and the case survives.

Definitely get the tech21.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
tech21. Tried speck, apple, etc. Dropped my 6s plus so many times I think I might have a neurological problem. Not a dent and the case survives.

Definitely get the tech21.
Funny, I tried a Tech21 and hated it. It made the buttons near-impossible to press, had little-to-no lip around the screen, and when dropped the phone, the screen still shattered. Disappointing all around for me. Each to his own though.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Funny, I tried a Tech21 and hated it. It made the buttons near-impossible to press, had little-to-no lip around the screen, and when dropped the phone, the screen still shattered. Disappointing all around for me. Each to his own though.

I got my wife the Lilac version of the Caudabe Synthesis and she loves it: https://www.caudabe.com/products/the-synthesis-iphone-6-6s?variant=21563635140. I'm more of a thin case guy and have been using the Caudabe Sheath with good results. Both are good, although it sounds like the Synthesis might be better for you if you're coming from an Otterbox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.