Best Protective Case

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by bigbro1096, Dec 19, 2010.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I'm thinking about getting my little sister a 4G iPod Touch but she's very irresponsible so I was wondering what the best protective case is so I can buy it for her. Thanks for your time and help.

2. EJR macrumors member

3. dtblaze macrumors regular

4. Speczorz macrumors newbie

That's what I now have, the commuter. It's a perfect fit and gives the ipod a very snug feel. I would definitely recommend this case. It's the best I've had yet.

5. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

If she's clumsy or a bit careless with the device at times, then +1 for the Otterbox Defender.

It has a built in plastic screen protector, plus multiple layers of protection.

The case is expensive, but you'll be paying way more to replace her iPod if something happens to it.

6. Kirika macrumors newbie

Hi there. My Ipod Touch 4G just arrived today, and I'm also looking for a good case. The Otterbox Defender looks like a good choice, but I already ordered a screen protector. Can / should I use the extra protection screen along with the Defender, or is the Defender enough that I should just return the screen I already purchased?

Thanks,
    Kirika

7. jacobalex macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I give some suggestion of best protective your iPhone 4 you use hybrid cases Because hybrid cases are made from two materials that should provide shock protection and impact protection. Ideally what you would want to go for are cases that have a silicone layer and a hard plastic outer shell. This will give your iPhone 4 the maximum protection against drops. And drops are the main purpose of protecting your iPhone 4 because protecting an expensive device requires more than just a plastic case or TPU (Thermo Plastic Urethane) case.

Thanks

8. rcheung28 macrumors newbie

if you do get her a silicone case, make sure the inside (touching the mirror back) isn't silicone as it will badly scratch the back. so maybe find a case with silicone outside to protect from shock and some kinda plastic material inside

9. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

Thank You this is a very timely thread. I am ordering a 64 gig iPod Touch 4G in a week or so and I have been trying to decide which case to get. The Otterbox defender has the inside track, it has good review everywhere. There is one other the Ivyskin Quattro3™ iPod Touch 4G Glass Touch-Thru™ Screen Case
    See it here: http://www.ivyskin.com/ipod-touch4g...-touch-4g-glass-touch-thrutm-screen-case.html

This one is very much like the Otterbox but it has a glass protective screen. This glass screen does not in anyway effect the touch screen's functionality. The problem is this Quattro3 case is not going to be released for sale until the 16th of February. I will order the new Touch no later then the 18th. I want to have the case waiting for it. This new Touch will go right from the shipping case into the protective cover. I really want the Ivyskin but it looks like the Otterbox will be it for now, and it is an excellent choice in it's own right according to this thread and the reviews out there.

10. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

I wished I had known this I purchased a Speck Pixelskin case for the 2G I have. It really did a number to the back cover. It didn't scratch as much as it damaged the finish. I will not make that mistake again.

11. c0l3a5h3r macrumors member

c0l3a5h3r

just make sure that the case isnt too thick or else you wont be able to place it in a ihome or something like that.