Best Protective Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dbstr, Nov 24, 2011.

1. dbstr macrumors newbie

I am about to start as a firefighter, and was originally going for the Griffin Survivor... But what other options are there?

I need something that can take a beating, but I don't like the Case Mate Tank. ;-)

Any suggestions?

Also - anyone knows a place to buy Griffin Woogie 2 in Europe?

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

If I was a firefighter I would go with the likes of the Griffin Survivor or even LifeProof. From watching some videos it looks like the LifeProof can take a beating as well as offer protection from water, dust etc.

3. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

Griffin Survivor is a beast of a case. Lifeproof has problems with the screen protector and you can only put it on 50 times throughout the life of the case

4. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

LifeProof is the way to go. Screen protector issues are not happening to everyone. Mine had no issues. I did drop my phone and it took a big gouge of out the case, but held up very well.

5. dbstr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all!

Most likely gonna stick to the survivor then, but suggestions are still welcome :)

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Asbestos I can figure, you need something flame retardant!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

7. Atmosphere macrumors member

normal cases are for regular joes dropping phones and whatnot, but given your line of work, i'd suggest AppleCare

8. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I returned the Tank case. Very sturdy and I thought it was better than the Otterbox Defender. However, you couldn't comfortably use the keyboard. The last row was totally unusable. It lasted for 5 hours on my phone before I put it back in the box. I'll give kudos to CaseMate's customer service. They were quick and not jerks about the return.

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

In my opinion you can't put the Defender in the same category as the likes of the Tank. It's an in between of the likes of the Speck Candyshell and the likes of the Tank.

10. JayJayJay macrumors member

Agreed.

Say what you want about the Tank in terms of it's looks (and I will likely agree), or in terms of how it affects keyboard usability, but, in terms of PURE ability to protect your investment, there isn't a better option out there.

The Defender just isn't in the same league.

11. mpossoff macrumors 68020

The Griffin Survivor is a great option too. If I was a firefighter like the OP I would go with no less than the Tank or Survivor, possible LifeProof.

12. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This case looks interesting.

14. dbstr thread starter macrumors newbie