Best protective clear skin?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kermit8283, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Kermit8283 macrumors newbie

When I first got my MBP I saw a real high quality skin that was multiple pieces and had the contours of the computer. I didn't get it at the time and now I really regret it. I just got my wife a new 15" MBP and I want to make sure to get one since she's super hard on computers.

What's consensus on the best quality one out now?

2. Kermit8283 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

4. Stev0lution macrumors member

I use a Wrapsol full body skin. Looks great and it has a nice texture. It works very well against scratches, but doesn't offer much "drop" protection.

5. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

It's made to be used & enjoyed. No funky stuff required.

6. Windows macrumors member

Windows

It's not funky, it helps with the resale value and gives the user a piece of mind, knowing that his or her new laptop isn't scratched up in some months. ;)
    Plus, it's invisible. Atleast for the most part.

I'd go with these 3.
    Zagg
    BSE
    Wrapsol

Zagg, is overpriced and is to glossy IMO, but if you have a promo code then it's worth it. (Glossy)
    BSE, is cheaper than most and still guarantees good quality (same as Zagg). BUT you have to make your own application solution, not to hard. (Glossy)
    Wrapsol, is good quality, little beat cheaper than Zagg and almost completely invisible, you won't notice it unless your like inches away from your laptop and they come in an anti-glare sort of color which makes it look like bare aluminum.

There is a thread on how it looks.. lemmie look it up
    Wrapsol - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1047897
    Zagg/BSE - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1075829 (scroll down)

Sorry, don't know how to make a word a link

Hope I helped ;)

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Best Skins Ever has always been easy to install, albeit I've never had to do it on a MacBook Pro.

The WrapSol products are definitely well thought out, although a bit more confusing for installation. I'm also not sure how much truth there is in anything beyond simply just protecting from scratching.

8. Windows macrumors member

Windows

There is nothing beyond protecting from scratches that's as far as shields go, maybe a bit of dent protection but definitely no drop protection. :rolleyes:

BSE, yes they're really easy with small devices, I've applied them on all my iPods with no trouble at all but it might be a whole different story when dealing with a larger skins specially beacause you must just your own solution and most newbies don't know how to make it correctly. :p

I know for sure that when I get my MacBook Pro 2011, I'm putting on a Wrapsol MAYBE a Zagg, not yet sure and a hard case on it, I actually have a friend that has one that look's awesome on the laptop, it even makes it look better in my opinion ;)

9. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I can recommend a bestskinsever skin. I have one. This is my second skin. I loved my first so much that I got another one. Here is my review of the skin.

10. 727driver macrumors newbie

11. Matumeak macrumors member

I have two Zagg promo codes

Hi!
    I have TWO 25% off ZAGG promo codes - only good for up to one week from today. Send me a private message if interested! I ordered a personalized ZAGG for my Air, It's shipped, I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

:)