Best protective gear for 2011 MBP? 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WillEH, Sep 22, 2011.

1. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

2. fingerman macrumors member

I'd be interested in this answer :)

I have a clear Speck case on my 15" but feel it's too thick and clunky but it's feels more safe than having nothing.

I also have a Moshi Palm/trackpad Guard and Keyboard cover. The keyboard cover is a bit of a pain when typing fast but it's easily removed and put back - the missus hates the thing.

The palm guard is great and doesn't spoil the appearance of the MBP. The trackpad feels weird and rough at the start but it's starting to smooth out now and feels quite natural.

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

4. fireman32 macrumors 6502a

My Speck clear case just arrived about 20 minutes ago. So far I like it.

5. eternalife macrumors regular

I too am interested in anyone's opinion. I bought a Speck and tried it for a few weeks but returned it. It fit like a glove and certainly offered the added protection but was a bit too heavy on my monitor. The added weight would too easily swing the monitor on it's hinge. I didn't like the added stress on the hinge. If they made it lighter it would have been perfect.

6. ender land macrumors 6502a

I like the black speck case I've got on my 13"

I think it looks nice (which is one of two reasons I got it, the other being "pitting" on the front edges) but it also does a good job providing scratch protection as well.

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

8. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

i baby mine when I have her out, so i use a incase neoprene sleeve plus on the road, then use her naked ;)

9. DW58 macrumors regular

DW58

I carry mine in a Tucano Second Skin micro fibre sleeve, but I'm considering Moshi palm-rest and keyboard skins, and possibly even the Zagg all-over skin. Has anyone used any of these protective skin products?

10. DW58 macrumors regular

DW58