Best Protector for the Back of Naked 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Stangs55, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

I've never been a fan of screen protectors for the front, but I'll be needing something for the back. I plan on using either an e13ctron hybrid or Vapor Pro for my 4S and keeping it clipped to my belt...so I need something for the back only.

What's the best out there without changing the texture?

2. sddabrow macrumors 6502

Every one on this forum seemed to advise on Power Support Crystal for a dry install and Best Skins Ever for a wet install.

I went with Power Support Crystal, as I am only worried about little scratches from placing on a table or being in my pocket.

3. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I went BSE for the back and sides because it was the cheapest. No prior experience though. So we'll see =\

4. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

i went with the SGP full body kit, only because it came with protectors for the antenna band.

with my iphone 4, I had Power Support Crystal and I really loved them, but my antenna band got fairly scuffed by the bumper cases and whatnot.

Thought I'd give the SGP kit a try this time around

5. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I had a zagg on the back (got a great deal $5), then changed to a phantom skinz matte back with matte sides. Absolutely love the phantom skinz. It's a urethane (rubbery type) instead of the hard type cling on types. The urethane ones are 'self healing" and don't get all scuffed and scratched like the cling ones do. Also, zero finger prints with the matte back. The zagg was pretty good at repelling finger prints as well IMO. I like the rubbery type for the back bc you can set it down on a desk and/or couch and it wont slide so easily. It provides a nice grip when holding the phone. Phantom skinz are a great buy, highly recommended.

6. archdelux macrumors 6502

why would one choose wet install over dry install or vice versa?

7. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Wet install allows you to Slide it once on the device while installing it. Dry install does not move once "clung" to the device.

8. mechaBORED macrumors member

mechaBORED

I used the power support crystal on my iPod touch 2 years ago and it's still holding up strong. Just ordered another set from power support for my pre-ordered 4S. Can't say enough good things about this protector. Definitely worth the money.

9. Snoudel macrumors newbie

10. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

moves pretty easy with tape though to clear up spots....

11. fabianvs macrumors regular

fabianvs

I wanna only use back protector on a naked iPhone 4S too! but won't the camera lens get scratched?

12. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

BSE, provileds little grip, wet install makes it easy to align.

13. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I got 1 of deal extreme for like 3$ It was easy to install. Lasted about 5-6 months in good condition still going though..

14. sddabrow macrumors 6502

Possibly.. I kind of made the assumption that the screen thickness will do enough to barely lift the camera lens off a table. Could be wrong, but I also haven't had any scratches on my HTC Evo and that thing has the camera protruding from the back.

15. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Nope, the skin is thick enough to keep it elevated.

16. rockametrics macrumors regular

You live in the region? I'm in Valpo.

17. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Grew up in schererville but reside in Lafayette now

18. rockametrics macrumors regular

Nice! I bought my BMW from the dealership in Schererville. Cool! Nice to see someone else out there from the area!

19. dqfayi macrumors regular

Choose the right case to protect your new device is very important