Best protector skins for keyboard and screen? Palm rest/track pad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aliglitterglam, Mar 15, 2011.

1. aliglitterglam macrumors newbie

Hi I keep seeing different brands for keyboard skins and screen protectors every where but not sure what brand is good. I am not looking for something costly but something cost efficient as possible that still works well enough... (durable, not sticky, not too stiff, easy to clean, etc...) I keep seeing cheap ones on ebay but wondering if anyone had first hand with them and if there's a particular seller that you liked and wouldn't mind sharing? Would be much appreciated, thanks! :D

I found this...http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV901LL/A but is there anything cheaper that will work just as well? I'm under a budget so I'm trying to keep the costs down, but will go with what's best!

2. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

First off, welcome to the forums. Next time, you'd be better off searching first as many of these topics appear over and over again over the years on these forums, and it gets annoying.

BUT I'll be nice and give you a get out of jail free card just this once:D

Usually you can't go wrong with Moshi if you want to look for keyboard/palmguard covers

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Moshi or Radtech, either work but neither should be selling you anything to put on your screen. Radtech makes these removable covers so that when the MBP is closed, the keys don't rub on the screen. With the glassy gloss screens, I don't know if it is as important. In the earlier days the keys rubbing on the matte screens were an issue.

Also, as raymondu999 said, this question has been asked and answered numerous ways and numerous times.

4. tungo529 macrumors member

I can only comment on one product and that is Wrapsol film. I have used Wrapsol on all of my apple products, on my iPad, ultra on my iPhone 4, on my MBA and on 3 MBP's for my cousins.

This is a great product. The film is precision cut and because it is a matte type film and not glossy, it really helps to retain the natural and simple look of the product. It's almost as if it isn't even there.

Unlike Zagg's which leaves a glossy look, and also a feel that is not as smooth, Wrapsol, is smooth and nearly invisible to the naked eye. It's texture is very easy to work with. It's easy to apply, and has really helped to prevent oils and residues from sticking to the aluminum enclosure.

Wrapsol is the only way to go for me.

On my iPad:
    [​IMG]

On my palm rest on my MBP:
    [​IMG]

MBA pictures to come

5. Kristine macrumors 6502a

On my 15" Macbook Pro - Wrapsol for the exterior, Moshi palm guard and keyboard protector for the interior.