Best PS3 online multi games?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SchneiderMan, Sep 20, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

What are the best online multiplayer games right now? i only play online multi games, and im playing Bad Company right now. great game but ive noticed a few times the the server was empty on the ranked game..
    Thanks.

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

The best is CoD4: Modern Warfare... Fairly soon to be Modern Warfare 2. Resistance 2 and MGS4 both have pretty good multiplayer too. Oh and then there is CoD World at War... I haven't even played Killzone 2 yet, but I'm betting it has good multiplayer. Or were you looking for something that wasn't a FPS?

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Warhawk still seems to have a very solid community - always games going on. GTA4 also, I believe. Little Big Planet is also very good.

What kind of game are you looking for?

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

In "dogfight" matches where you never leave your plane, I think Warhawk is a lot of fun. However, in those matches it also never really feels like a full game... Of course, there is more to it than that. Unfortunately, I always felt like the gameplay when you are not in a vehicle was an unmitigated disaster.

5. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Matter of personal taste I guess. I always thought the Dogfights were the least interesting game mode due to the limitation. I think the game as a whole is really excellent cause all the modes of transportation are so well balanced. I've had countless hours of fun playing "Zones".

6. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes cod4 is one of the best but i play it on my mac so no need, i also only play Freezetag and thats a mod so consoles cant get in those games and its not that fun without it :D im with the Psychosnipers inc. [PSI] clan. we have one server thats full all the time with about 24 players.. check it out its way too fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOgx8vxH_5Y
    ill be getting MW:2 :)
    im thinking Killzone 2 but is it really dark?

Mainly fps, ive tried littlebigplanet but im not sure about it really..
    and i have the warhawk demo too but not thinking im gonna buy it, its not really my type.. thanks

I own Burnout paradise and the multiplayer on it isnt that good with like 5 players online..

7. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Ah, I was gonna mention this one - I've had tons of fun with that game, online and offline.

Battlefield 1943 seems to be very popular. I only tried the demo briefly, and it was pretty fun. But in the end, it just made me go back to Warhawk, since I already had that. ;)

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Great online games for the PS3:

SOCOM: Confrontation
    Killzone 2...You have to get the map packs, they are beautiful
    Fat Princess
    COD4 & 5
    WarHawk....which is still packed with people...damn
    BlazBlue
    Street Fighter 4
    MGO

It seems like a lot of people still play GTA4, Resistance 1 & 2 online but its not my cup of tea. I play Team Fortress 2 which has a lot of people playing as well.

Bless

9. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Modern Warfare 2 definitely looks to be worth the wait. Just a couple more months to go! I've played Killzone 2 and it's violent (if that's what you mean by "dark"), but I wouldn't say anymore violent than MW:2 will be. Killzone 2 isn't really that gory, in my opinion (as opposed to, say... Gears of War on the 360).