best push email is mobileme after long time testing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amavro, Sep 28, 2009.

1. amavro macrumors newbie

For more than 1 year I am using mobileme for work email in combination with google apps for domain for @mydomain email sending for iphone and desktop.

Well i had tried various other platforms including Kerio hosted services , Zimbra hosted services , MS Exchange 2007 hosted service and the only service that is fast , can handle a mailbox of more than 5GB in size , can search on server without any issue , can sync your calendar and contacts without any issues is mobileme.
    It also offers the best push mail service around with the lowest battery overhead for iphone.

Recently i had also tried the GMAIL sync push email but i had lots of issues , including cannot connect to server messages , delays in pushing emails to iphone so i gave up.
    It is not surprise to me that apple services work best with apple products.
    + with mobile me i have my gallery for my newborn child + idisk for storage which now it is a lot faster with snow leopard (syncing ).

So what more can I ask for ?
    Well :

1. Your own domain with mobileme .
    2. Task sync with iphone (doing this now with rememberthemilk and todo app).

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Google is still working to optimize their service. Not sure you can fault them for only have it up for a week not to mention it's free..

3. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Considering how short the amount of time is that Google has been up, they are light years ahead of where MobileMe was in the same amount of time.

And for all the issues you mentioned about Google Sync, I only had one single issue.

Emails older than 28 days to not sync.

All the connection issues, etc, never happened for me.

4. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

Ill say that out of all the email services I have used I really feel that my .me account is by far the best value.

AND push works flawless on my iphone !

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Sometimes I open an email on my iPhone just so I can see it marked as read on my computer the second I open it. I'm into my second year now of MobileMe.

6. taimur macrumors member

This seems to have been resolved.

7. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

The Google 'exchange' service is working incredibly well with my Google Apps email account.

However, I do think MobileMe push is fantastic and am more than happy to pay for the service.

8. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

the push gets to my iphone quicker than my MBP! it's a really good service, all of it, and I am happy to pay for it

9. synagence macrumors 6502a

I like MM ... never really had any issues with it
    Just renewed for another year for £44 making it the same price as a 3rd party hosted exchange solution plus i host my website on MM so i think its pretty decent value for money at just over £3/month.

The lock/remote wipe iPhone functions are just nice value-add items

If they could enable domain custom emails that would make it perfect and thats the only missing feature for me.