Best quality adapter for mini-display port to TV?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Pngwyn, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Pngwyn macrumors regular

So I have been using a HDMI to DVI with a DVI to Mini DP adapter to connect my Macbook Pro to my television. Recently the adapter is having issues, so I am going to replace it, but I am just curious if I will get better quality with a HDMI to HDMI to Mini DP adapter?

I'm not sure if there's even going to be noticeable difference between the two.. just wondering :confused:

2. andris macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

The only difference you may notice between a DVI to HDMI adapter and a mini DP to HDMI is audio support
    (but your Mac needs to support it too)

The image quality will be identical.

3. Pngwyn thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response.

If I'm using a late 08 Macbook Pro, would it be compatible with audio? Also I'm curious if there is any difference in quality between Apple Mini DP adapters to one I would buy off eBay. All the eBay sellers seem to have good feedback, but I'm still skeptical because of the big price difference.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Wow! Just wow! Amazon.com sells mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapters for under $8.00. What is Heaven's name are you trying to accomplish by going all around Job's barn to get our computer display signal into the HDMI port of your TV?

5. Pngwyn thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, when I purchased my Macbook Pro 3 years ago, the only thing I could use to connect to my HDTV was the setup I am currently using. Obviously there have been some technology upgrades since ;)