Best quality backpack for macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mickeydean, Feb 1, 2017.

1. mickeydean macrumors 6502

Preferably something waterproof and pretty large volume.

Something I can cycle with.

I had a Timbuk2 and found the quality wasn't the best. Samsonite VizAir isn't great to cycle with and the quality wasn't as good as I hoped but they did replace it after nearly 3 years with a brand new one.

Any recommendations?

I have a 15" retina and 12.9" iPad Pro, I do bring both sometimes. I would carry shoes, clothes, too.

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

3. mbpgoingxy macrumors newbie

4. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

Not a backpack guy myself, but...

You would want to be sure that with ANY backpack, there won't be much "pressure" applied to the MacBook while inside.

I recall reading reports (and seeing posted images) of retina displays that had "screen impressions" from the keyboard, of all things.
    I'm going to -guess- that this was the result of the display being compacted against the lower casing while the top was closed.
    And I'm also going to guess that in such instances, it was from having the MacBook in a "packed in" situation, such as being stuffed into a backpack with a lot of other stuff...

5. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

6. BeatCrazy macrumors 65816

7. StevenRocks macrumors newbie

StevenRocks

When you are looking out for one of the Best Backpacks for travel, consider these key points:
    1. Purpose and Size
    2. Comfort and Fit

Capacity
    4.Durability
    5. Security against theft and damage
    Hope it will help you.

8. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

9. HBOC macrumors 68020

The TNF overhaul is nice as well. Personally i had the Timbuk2 Uptown that i used a few times, but then ended up getting the Timbuk2 Jetpack that is very similar to the Uptown, but access point for me are better on the Jetpack.

i carry my 15" MBP, mouse, Wacom Intuos Pro Medium, external HDD, cables, big headphones, My Nikon D610 + 14-24 + 80-200mm 2.8 + maps, etc. I was able to carry all of this in the Uptown + it had room for a water bottle on the side. The Jet omits this, but it is always a compromise.

This pack I use the pack mostly for travel. I checked out some Arcteryx ones as well, but wasn't as impressed as with the Timbuk2. Osprey has nice ones as well. http://www.timbuk2.com/jet-laptop-backpack/474-3-2000.html

10. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

11. Tazoawake2016 macrumors member

Tazoawake2016

Wenger/ Swiss Gear makes sturdy, well-padded backpacks and they're reasonably priced (mostly b/w 40-80 USD). Not sure if they're sold in Australia though.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ILUVAPPLE69 macrumors member

ILUVAPPLE69

I use a Samsonite VizAir Laptop backpack that I got a couple years ago. It fits a ton of stuff and keeps the laptop safe.

13. Lou-X macrumors member

Lou-X

I'm going for a North face backpack, Surge model probably.

14. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

Got this one. Pretty poor construction. Had samsonite replace it twice (so not user issue). Expected better from samsonite. Not good for cycling and doesn't quite fit all that I need.

Anyone with experience with Mission Workshop?

15. ILUVAPPLE69 macrumors member

ILUVAPPLE69

Yea I just used mine for college and airport travel. Worked out good for me.

16. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502