Best quality cheap headphones

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by ThemacNub, May 6, 2011.

1. ThemacNub macrumors regular

Hey guys, my apple headphones are dying on me and I want to upgrade. My budget is 55-80 USD and am completely open to suggestions

2. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

3. ThemacNub thread starter macrumors regular

4. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Are you looking for actual headphones? Or are you looking for in-ear monitors or buds?

Anyways, Bose is not what one would call quality. If you're looking at full headphones, I'd check out superlux, they make good sounding headphones for the price.

5. ThemacNub thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry should have specified that. Not full headphones, just in-ear/buds

6. bingles macrumors newbie

Sennheiser CX 300-II
    They are amazing value, cracking ear buds. I'm am surprised that they are the price that they are... I used to have a pair, but they got lost on a flight, it was a sad day. They get really good reviews, check out Amazon. :)

7. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Etymotic ER-6is. Not the thumpingest bass out there (if you're into that sort of thing), but great isolation and detail.

8. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

9. ThemacNub thread starter macrumors regular

Any recommendations on where to buy them that ships to australia, the cheapest I found locally are double my budget

10. McJori macrumors newbie

Hey,

Samson SR850. May be a bit difficult to find, but the price range is around 50usd. These are professional quality studio monitors and I've been using these for pro audio editing for... a long time. Got a tip from the local music academy to use these and they haven't disappointed me so far, considering that they are student priced.

Not the most eye-pleasing option, though.

11. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

I'd try anything by Shure or Sennheiser. If you spend a little more than 100USD you can get much better quality than 80 or below ...

12. chrisbetty macrumors 6502

i just got a pair of Sennheiser HD428's from my gf for my birthday and i absolutely love them,and im super picky with headphones. They run for a bout 50ish