Best QUALITY MacBook protective films / brands...?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Turnpike, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Turnpike, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015

Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

I love the easy size of the 12" Macbooks, and never explored the protective films until recently- they look awesome in the photos, but to try a few out (unlike the Speck cases I used for the MBAir's) they are kind of a once-and-done purchase, and they are not cheap!

What are the top two or three brands as far as qualilty (quality of the film, accuracy of the cut) out there? I'd rather pay a little extra and try the best instead of buying from whoever I happen across from Google or whoever simply has the prettiest photos on the website. (I'm having too much fun browsing the options, and afraid I could easily be taken with the pictures).

From your experience, what are the top few brands of these protective films? Quality, not cost. Thanks!

(Just one of the pictures that has me wanting to try a film kit... I love posts with pictures!) :)

[​IMG]

2. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

I'm curious why you want to hide that beautiful anodized finish? In my experience it doesn't scratch that easy.

3. Turnpike thread starter macrumors 6502

Turnpike

Actually I have several, I've been switching my work projects from the old Windows laptops to these because they are so easy to carry, and now that i have every configuration of adapters for these 12" models..... But I agree- I've kept my original grey and gold ones natural because I like them so much, but for the more heavily used ones I thought I'd indulge the "9-year-old-who-just-discovered-the-fun-of-putting-stickers-on-his-bike" in me and try some films to protect the travel macbooks, and to help distinguish one from the other. But for the record, I agree- the best and nicest finish is the original.

4. Theozz macrumors member

Theozz

Dbrand seems to be a good brand. I see a lot of MacBooks reviewers using them. To be honest, every brand I've seen use 3M skins, so it's kind of the same quality everywhere ;)

5. JoePa2624 macrumors regular

JoePa2624

I have a Dbrand skin and the fit & finish is spot-on. I've been considering removing it recently though because I think it actually detracts from the looks of the MacBook. [​IMG]

6. StevenRocks macrumors newbie

StevenRocks

I'm also waiting for good response. I need to buy it also