Best/Quickest way to make a photo album for sharing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by loolah, Feb 23, 2009.

1. loolah macrumors newbie

My daughter took 200 photos of an event at the weekend that she'd like to take to school tomorrow to share with her classmates as its something they are currently studying. I'm new to using Macs for this kind of thing (and so is she) but as she was planning to bring the photos one-by-one into Powerpoint (which her school has) I wondered if there was an easier way of putting something together?

I had a quick play with iMovie & managed to drag all of her photos into it, which it then turned into a movie, but really she needs something more like a photo gallery that you can step through, pause on a pic, then easily skip past any of less interest.

Whatever the final solution, it needs to run off of a CD or DVD & be able to run on a Windows machine as well as a Mac..

I'm going to get her to edit the overall number of photos down significantly, but any ideas to make putting it together more cleverly would be appreciated!

On the PC I'd have possibly used jalbum to make a web gallery that I could stick on a disk, is there perhaps a Mac equivalent?

Many thanks,
    Loo.

2. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Picasa for Windows will do this, so I can only presume that Picasa for Mac will also do it.

Sorry, I don't use Picasa on a Mac so you will have to give it a try to see if it will do what you want it to do.

EDIT: Just did a quick download; in case you can't find it its under the "Folder" menu at "Create a gift CD..."

3. loolah thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. Embarrassed to admit that I later found out that there is a version of Jalbum for Mac, which is not only still free but is still awesome. Album made & burnt to a DVD in less than 30 minutes after dinner this evening, one very happy daughter :)

In case anyone wants it, Jalbum is at http://jalbum.net/software/download/current

Loo.