Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
There are apparently quite a few: Real Racing, NFS Shift, Asphalt 5...

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
I have Asphalt 5 which is very fun but NFS Shift is the real deal. It's extremely awesome. Highly recommended for the sensation of speed, super graphics and customizing your vehicles.

bunger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
so i've basically read this:

Real Racing if you like Sims...

NFS Shift if you like both sim and arcade style...

Does anyone know if one is "easier" to drive than another? I found alot of the racing games on the iphone really hard to drive...

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
"Driving" on the iPad is a blast! NFS Shift is like butter, a lot of fun to steer like a wheel AND you see in your rear view window who's on your tail! Awesomeness lol

bunger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Well... I bought NFS Shift last night. I have the settings on "Rookie" mode, which basically does everything for me except steering, but it is a good way to start learning. So far it seems pretty great, though I will admit that I have no comparison point right now...

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
I wont spend $15 on a game with no demo. This trend of high priced (relatively speaking compared to iphone) apps and the push to get people to buy sight unseen has to stop. I really hope others start voting for demos with their wallets too.

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
I wont spend $15 on a game with no demo. This trend of high priced (relatively speaking compared to iphone) apps and the push to get people to buy sight unseen has to stop. I really hope others start voting for demos with their wallets too.

Most Best Buys should have a demo of NFS and Real Racing on their iPad demo units. I tried both and they're really fun. Oh and Plants vs Zombies is as addicting as ever!

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Most Best Buys should have a demo of NFS and Real Racing on their iPad demo units. I tried both and they're really fun. Oh and Plants vs Zombies is as addicting as ever!

Thanks for the heads up, i will try them out when i am next there!

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Well... I bought NFS Shift last night. I have the settings on "Rookie" mode, which basically does everything for me except steering, but it is a good way to start learning. So far it seems pretty great, though I will admit that I have no comparison point right now...

NFS is a great series, I like how the screen does its best to adjust the view for you as your tilt the iPad to steer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.