Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
The fans no longer spins on high when dealing with RAW photos!!

All previous OS X would spin my rMBP's fans on high, if I was using Lightroom to edit raw files, or if I have Bridge open browsing through photos. With just Lightroom open I can't even hear the fans. With Bridge, it's on low spin. This'll save the life on the hardware and battery! Nice job Apple!

Not only that, like others have mentioned, but if you didn't know, every animation is BUTTER SMOOTH!! I haven't seen it this smooth since I bought it in 2012. No stutter, no lag. It's a godsend.

Reactions: SackJabbit

auxbuss

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2014
UK
El Cap is definitely using far less energy for video. Watched a stream on second monitor for a couple of hours and fans not needed, and machine had significantly less keyboard heat than before.

Reactions: SackJabbit

nontroppo

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
METAL \m/

Not really, Adobe haven't released any software that supports Metal, and if that 2012 rMBP had a dGPU+iGPU according to the Ars Technica review means that Apple disables Metal for the Core ... rendering — fiveainone does your rMBP have a dGPU?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.