Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tonewheel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
While many have talked about good, viable alternatives to the current aluminum Apple BT keyboard, I'm looking for the same but in need of an extended keyboard.

Up until last week I was using the original Apple BT extended keyboard until a glass of water made it's way all over my desk, getting into the keyboard. I shut it off and took it apart to dry it the best I could. From everything I've read, the consensus is that once it dries, it will work. Not the case this time; it's hosed.

I don't want, nor do I even like the tiny little current Apple BT aluminum keyboard. I've always preferred the more substantial feel and tactile feedback from the bigger keyboards for my graphic design and video work.

What keyboard(s) should I consider to replace this? What have you tried/bought/used, what do you like, and why?

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Yeah, I've never understood why there are so few Bluetooth keyboards. Mine is connected to my Mini and I have a USB hub, so the USB dongle isn't that big a deal. In fact, the unity receiver helps, as I also have a Logitech mouse that will work with it.

As for the keyboard, the legs do seem a bit weak, but overall, it feels sturdy enough. I like the typing feel, though the keys seem to be smaller than the Apple wired keyboard I had before. Overall, I like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.