Best Recommended Alternative To Apple BT Extended Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tonewheel, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Tonewheel macrumors 6502a

While many have talked about good, viable alternatives to the current aluminum Apple BT keyboard, I'm looking for the same but in need of an extended keyboard.

Up until last week I was using the original Apple BT extended keyboard until a glass of water made it's way all over my desk, getting into the keyboard. I shut it off and took it apart to dry it the best I could. From everything I've read, the consensus is that once it dries, it will work. Not the case this time; it's hosed.

I don't want, nor do I even like the tiny little current Apple BT aluminum keyboard. I've always preferred the more substantial feel and tactile feedback from the bigger keyboards for my graphic design and video work.

What keyboard(s) should I consider to replace this? What have you tried/bought/used, what do you like, and why?

2. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

3. kamuix macrumors regular

4. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I just got mine in, and I like it so far. You are right about those legs on the back, though. I was a bit nervous about them, but the keyboard seems sturdy enough while using it.

5. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Looks slick, but wish it was BT and not USB dongle.

6. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Me to. Perhaps some day in the future. :(

7. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Yeah, I've never understood why there are so few Bluetooth keyboards. Mine is connected to my Mini and I have a USB hub, so the USB dongle isn't that big a deal. In fact, the unity receiver helps, as I also have a Logitech mouse that will work with it.

As for the keyboard, the legs do seem a bit weak, but overall, it feels sturdy enough. I like the typing feel, though the keys seem to be smaller than the Apple wired keyboard I had before. Overall, I like it.